Keeping up with its colleagues from Samsung and Motorola, Xiaomi introduced its new folding smartphone. The Mix Fold 2 has changed a lot from its predecessor. So, the case has become much thinner (only 5.4 mm when unfolded), and also received chopped edges, like the latest iPhones.
The Chinese managed to reduce the thickness through the use of new loops. They also led to the fact that the display now bends not so much and, probably, the new product will not have a problem with a crease in the center of the screen, like the first Mix Fold.
There are two displays in the gadget. The first is an 8.02-inch OLED screen with a resolution of 2K. It was created using Eco2 technology, the essence of which is to increase brightness and improve color reproduction by eliminating one of the layers. The panel supports adaptive refresh rates from 1Hz to 120Hz and is protected by a glass that is only 0.03mm thick. The manufacturer reports that the latter is 2.25 times stronger than the original Mix Fold.
The second display is a 6.56-inch Samsung E6 AMOLED matrix with FHD + resolution. Its refresh rate is the same 120 Hz.
Quite expectedly, the flagship received a top-end Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, as well as a lot of memory – 12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 1 TB of permanent UFS 3.1. The device is cooled by a multilevel system of a white graphene sheet and a steam chamber with a total area of 9248.9 mm 2 .
As with the latest Xiaomi flagships, the Mix Fold 2 was created in collaboration with Leica. It consists of three modules – the main one with a resolution of 50 MP and optical stabilization, an ultra-wide angle of 13 MP, and an 8-megapixel telephoto lens. The resolution of the front camera is 20 MP.
The battery capacity of the Mix Fold 2 is 3500 mAh. There is a 67-watt fast charge, which can power the battery in 40 minutes.
The novelty runs on Android 12 in a special shell optimized for folding devices – MIUI Fold 13. All interface elements and applications in it are sharpened for multitasking.
Specifications Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
- Screen: 8.02″, OLED, 2K (2160×1914 px), 120Hz + 6.56″ 2520x1080px 120Hz;
- Processor: Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (3.2 GHz, 4 nm), Adreno 730 graphics;
- Permanent memory: 256/512 GB/1TB;
- RAM: 12 GB;
- Main camera: 50 MP (f/1.8) + 13 MP (f/2.4, ultra-wide-angle lens, 121-degree field of view) + 8 MP (f/2.6 telephoto);
- Front camera: 20 MP;
- Battery: 4500 mAh and fast charging 67 W;
- SIM: 2x NanoSIM;
- Wireless communications: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 6, GPS, NFC;
- Ports: USB Type-C;
- Security: in-screen fingerprint scanner;
- OS: Android 12 + MIUI Fold 13.
- Dimensions: 161.1 x 144.7 x 5.4mm unfolded, 161.1 x 73.9 x 11.2mm folded.
Price and release date of Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
The smartphone will be available in three configurations:
- Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 12/256 GB – $1335;
- Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 12/512 GB – $1485;
- Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 12/1 TB – $1780
The price of the Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 came as a surprise to us, since the smartphone was originally supposed to be more expensive than its predecessor, which cost $1,520. At the same time, the novelty turned out to be cheaper!
Pre-order for the model started today, and full sales will begin on August 16.To Read Great Articles, Click Here Follow Us On Facebook Twitter Telegram