While everyone is counting the hours until the presentation of Apple, Xiaomi has released a new smartphone – POCO M5. The gadget received an unusual design with a leather-like back, as well as decent performance.
The novelty is built on the basis of Helio G99 – the best mid-range processor from MediaTek. He is accompanied by 4/6 GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 64/128 GB of UFS 2.2 memory, expandable up to 1 TB with microSD cards. The device will go on sale with Android 12 and MIUI 13 interface out of the box.
The 6.58-inch POCO M5 display is made using IPS technology and has a FullHD + resolution. The refresh rate here is adaptive and can vary from 30 to 90 Hz.
A 5000 mAh battery with 18-watt charging is responsible for the autonomy of the device (a 22.5 W unit is included), and three sensors are located in the unusual designed block of the main camera: 50, 2 and 2 MP. The model also has an 8-megapixel front camera.
Among other features of POCO M5, it is worth noting a reliable side fingerprint scanner, an NFC module and an infrared port for controlling household appliances.
Specifications POCO M5
- Screen: 6.58″, IPS, FHD+ (2400×1080 px), 30-90Hz;
- Processor: Helio G99 (2×2.2 GHz, 6 nm), Mali-G57 MC2 graphics;
- Permanent memory: 64/128 GB;
- RAM: 4/6 GB;
- Main camera: 50 MP (f/1.8, OIS) + 2 MP (f/2.4 depth sensor) + 2 MP ( f/2.4 macro module), 1080p/30fps;
- Front camera: 5 MP (f/2.2), 1080p/30fps;
- Battery: 5000 mAh and fast charging 18W;
- SIM: 2x NanoSIM;
- Wireless communications: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.3, Wi-Fi 5, GPS, NFC;
- Ports: USB Type-C;
- Security: fingerprint scanner on the side;
- Dimensions: 164 x 76.1 x 8.9 mm, weight – 201 g
- OS: Android 12 + MIUI 13.
Price and release date of POCO M5
Sales of the device will begin on September 6 at the following prices:
- POCO M5 4/64 GB – $169;
- POCO M5 4/128 GB – $189;
- POCO M5 6/128 GB – $209.
Today, the premiere of POCO M5 took place on AliExpress.