Not everyone is waiting for the beginning of autumn. The exceptions are iPhone owners who want to upgrade to iOS 16 as soon as possible. So far, the new operating system is in beta testing and, frankly, there is a complete order. So, on Monday, August 15, Apple released iOS 16 beta 6 – just a week after the fifth beta version. This suggests that Apple is in the home stretch before the release of the new OS, and work on it is in full swing in Apple Park. Let’s see what’s new in iOS 16 beta 6 and how to install it if you’re not a developer.
What’s new in the iOS 16 beta
Believe it or not, this beta version does not contain new features: only fixes for existing problems. In any case, this is precisely indicated by the modest size of the update file – 426 MB. And here’s what’s been fixed.
- The display pointer was inaccurate on the external display when Assistive Touch was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the emoji search field would not appear when clicked.
- We fixed an issue in the Home app that could prevent some devices from connecting.
- When creating an account in iCloud, the system offered to create another account for some reason.
- When moving a message in Mail to the Remind me later folder, the banner did not disappear.
- Fixed bugs in the Weather app.
Basically, that’s all. At this time, Apple no longer offers anything new in beta versions. Let me remind you that more or less noticeable changes appeared in the previous beta, for example, the battery percentage was introduced in the iPhone with Face ID .
How to install the iOS 16 beta
Despite the restrictions of recent months by Apple, iOS 16 beta 6 can be downloaded and installed by everyone. Installing a new iOS, especially while it is in beta testing, is always a lottery. So, remember the build number of this update – 20A5349b – if you suddenly want to roll back to the stable version.
- Download the iOS 16 beta profile from this link. Please note that due to the flow of people, the site may not open temporarily.
- Go to Settings, select “Profile loaded”.
- Install it and restart your iPhone.
- Go to “Software Update”, find the new version of the system and install iOS 16 beta 6.
By tradition, we remind you that before installing the beta version of iOS, it is better to “save” – create a backup copy. This will help you if something suddenly goes wrong.