Table of Contents
Updating applications has long been an essential procedure for every user. It doesn’t matter what smartphone you use, if something went wrong with the update, a whole bunch of different problems immediately follow from this – from truncated functionality to the inability to open the program you need.
Unlike Android, you can only install an update on an iPhone from the App Store , so everything usually goes like clockwork. Nevertheless, from time to time our readers complain that the update simply refuses to install.
In today’s article, we will discuss in detail all the nuances about this and offer some simple but effective solutions to fix problems with your iPhone.
iPhone not connecting to internet
Of course, the first step is to check if your iPhone is connected to the Internet. Oddly enough, but without the Internet, updates will not be downloaded:
- Disconnect and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network or mobile data. To do this, swipe from the top right (iPhone X and later) or swipe up from the bottom (iPhone 8 and later) and tap the Wi-Fi or Cellular icon.
- Change your Wi-Fi connection to Cellular Data, or change from one Wi-Fi network to another.
- If you are using cellular, then allow downloads over cellular .
- Disable the Wi-Fi Help option (Settings, Cellular, Wi-Fi Help).
- Check your internet connection speed.
As a last resort, try resetting your iPhone’s Network Settings or contact your ISP. If everything is fine with the Internet, then just try restarting your iPhone . In most cases, the problem is solved on time two.
App Store not loading
Another problem that you may encounter if apps on iPhone are not updating is when the App Store fails to load . That is, the Internet on the smartphone works, but the app store does not. Here’s what to do in this case:
- Check the status of Apple servers using this link (the indicator opposite the App Store should be green).
- Check the date and time on your iPhone (Settings, General, Date and time).
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS (Settings, General, Software Update).
The situation is extremely rare, but still occurs. Over the past six months, Apple servers have lost ground a couple of times.
How to enter the App Store
If you recently bought an iPhone or got it from a close relative and you’re having trouble installing updates, check if you’re signed in to your Apple ID account . You don’t need to sign in to the App Store separately, but your update account is required.
To enter the App Store , you need to:
- Open the App Store app on your iPhone.
- Next, click on the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- If there is a blue icon with a little man, then you need to sign in to your Apple ID account.
- Open Settings on your smartphone.
- At the top of the display, tap the Sign in on iPhone button.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Enter the six-digit verification code sent to your other device or phone number to complete the authorization process.
Automatic app updates on iPhone
If the phone is in order: the Internet is working, the App Store too, but the apps on the iPhone are not updated , then you should turn off automatic updates and try to carry out this procedure manually.
To disable automatic app updates on iPhone , you will need:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and go to the App Store section.
- Then scroll down to the Automatic Downloads subsection.
- Turn off the toggle switch opposite the Software Update item.
Next, you need to find the application in the App Store and update it manually :
- Open the App Store app on your device.
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- Find the application you need and click the Update button next to it.
Now it remains only to wait for the download to complete and start using the desired software. I want to say right away that applications removed from the Russian App Store are updated in the same way as everyone else.
It is clear that the Russian Sberbank application will not receive updates , because it was simply removed from the App Store in principle, but with the rest of the programs everything should work like clockwork.
How to force an app update on iPhone
Finally, I would like to share with you one life hack. I know that many users do not really like automatic updates on iPhone and update manually.
At the same time, a lot of such updates often accumulate and more than 30 programs have to be updated at a time. It is simply impossible to use a smartphone at this time, because neither to go to Telegram, nor to play a toy.
In this case, download prioritization saves. Many probably did not know, but the iPhone can be forced to update the application forcibly . For this:
- While downloading updates, go to the Home screen.
- Next, press and hold the icon of the app you want to update first.
- In the menu that opens, click the Prioritize download button.
- After that, the application will be updated first.
As usual, if you have any problems with apple technology, I recommend contacting our Telegram chat . Together with our team of readers, we will definitely help you.