Table of Contents
A handy screen recording feature appeared back in iOS 11: since then, users can easily record what is happening on the iPhone display in order, for example, to quickly explain to someone which settings to enable or simply share content. If desired, the broadcast video can always be turned into a GIF animation.
But here’s the problem: sometimes it happens that the screen recording does not work: the message “Failed to save the screen recording” appears – a rare but unpleasant error. Let’s figure out what to do if screen recording on iPhone does not work and how to fix it quickly.
Screen recording won’t turn on on iPhone
It’s extremely rare that the message “Failed to save screen recording” appears during screen recording in iOS, and the video, of course, is not saved to the phone’s memory. Usually, users see different options for the error on the screen.
- The operation could not be completed.
- Failed to save screen recording.
- The screen recording could not be saved due to 5823.
- Failed because the first sample buffer could not be processed.
Most often, the problem arises when you want to record content that is protected by copyright – for example, on a streaming service, when you want to record an episode from a TV series or show. In this case, you will see error 5823 in the message.
Sometimes the error message does not appear, and the recording shows only a black screen or a picture without sound. If it’s all about protected content, then there is no problem with the phone – just try to record the screen in another application, for example, YouTube or a website in Safari.
Why Screen Recording is Silent on iPhone
You can record the screen with sound, but this feature does not always work. Why is that? To begin with, something needs to be cleared up. Let’s say you’re recording a screen from Apple Music, but there’s no sound.
- Perhaps it’s all about content protection again: audio won’t be recorded due to copyright.
- Try turning up the volume on your iPhone.
- The iPhone is connected via Bluetooth to a speaker or headphones: the error rarely happens, since the sound source is still the smartphone itself, but if nothing comes out, you can try to disconnect and record the screen.
But there is a fallback: hold down the “Screen Recording” button in the Control Center, then click on the microphone at the bottom – then the screen recording will be accompanied by sound from the speaker and the sound will be recorded. You can also comment on what is happening on the screen with your voice – convenient, isn’t it?
Screen not recording on iPhone
If the screen recording on iPhone is on , but the recording is not saved due to a sudden error, you can fix it manually. There are several ways.
- Restart your iPhone. Another problem that is fixed by restarting due to an error in the operation of iOS.
- Check free space on iPhone: Screen recording is not saved due to insufficient storage space.
- Try restarting the app and start screen recording again.
- Please note that screen recording may be unstable in beta versions of iOS: try to roll back to a stable version to avoid problems.
You can also limit screencasting through Screen Time. In the privacy settings, you need to disable a special option.
- Go to Settings, select Screen Time.
- Click “Content & Privacy” and select “Content Restrictions”.
- Enter your Screen Time passcode.
- Find “Screen Recording” in the list, click and select “Yes”.
In general, it’s best to disable Screen Time to reduce battery consumption and not accidentally limit applications.
By the way, with a long press on the screen recording button, a list of several applications appears. In my case, these are Photos, Gmail and Telegram. What does it mean? If you select any of them, a countdown will begin, after which the screen recording will end. The fact is that this is how iPhone screen sharing is implemented in broadcasts : if you broadcast live on a social network or participate in a meeting on Google Hangouts, then if necessary, you can turn on iPhone screen sharing from this point.
Apple has redesigned the video player in iOS 16: now it has become more convenient and simpler. How to now watch videos in the new iOS was described in our article.To Read Great Articles, Click Here Follow Us On Facebook Twitter Telegram