iOS 15.5 beta testing is finally coming to an end: before that, we quickly received versions almost weekly. Now, just after the holidays, Apple developers have compiled a Release Candidate version for testers, in which they fixed all existing errors and brought the system to the ideal.
This means that literally in a week you and I are waiting for an iOS update – probably the last major one in the iOS 15.5 cycle, after which only small bug fixes may appear. We tell you what’s new in iOS 15.5 , what bugs have been fixed and how to install iOS 15.5 RC.
What’s new in iOS 15.5
Unfortunately, most of the improvements and innovations will not affect users from Russia (as sanctions as affected their chance): they are related to Apple Cash and Apple Pay. Here is a list of the most notable changes.
- Renamed iTunes Pass card to Apple Account Card
- Apple Pay in the Messages app is called Apple Cash.
- Added the ability to send and request money from your Apple Cash card.
- A notification appeared to remind you that the application allows you to make payments through third-party services.
- The Podcasts app has a new setting that allows you to limit the number of episodes stored on your iPhone and automatically delete old ones.
- Fixes an automation issue related to HomeKit smart home.
- iOS 15.5 now blocks sensitive location for photos in Memories.
- Improved notifications from “Focus”.
- In iPadOS 15.5, the “Use Large Icons” option has been moved to Settings, where it used to be in Display & Brightness.
In general, not a lot: iOS 15.5 was not originally supposed to get new features, since all this was added in earlier versions. One of the mysteries of iOS 15.5 is the presence of the Apple Classical app as an add-on to Apple Music , but it’s not on the system yet.
How to Install iOS 15.5
- Follow the link and download the profile for iOS 15.
- Go to Settings, select “Profile loaded” and install it.
- Open Software Update and search for an update.
- Download iOS 15.5 RC and install it on your iPhone.
As you can see, there are no significant changes in iOS 15.5 Release Candidate, but this does not mean that it should not be installed: the update contains improvements that will make your iPhone work faster and better. We hope the same awaits us when the version for everyone is released.
Do not forget that before installing the update, be sure to create a backup copy in order to return the iPhone to working condition in case of failure.